Samsung officially released Jelly Bean 4.1.2 update for Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I900 users. New update brings lots of bug fixes and improvements. This update can be installed on any Samsung Galaxy S3 which is operator unlocked. Also applicable for Samsung S3 worldwide so no need to worry about regional update. Go ahead and update your phone with JellyBean!
Here is the change log of XXELLC Jelly Bean 4.1.2 firmware
- Fixed overheating issue solved
- Force close in TouchWiz Launcher fixed
- S Cloud
- Improvement in Camera Performance
Before upgrading your Samsung Galaxy S3 with Jelly Bean, please backup all your necessary contacts, SMS and other required data. Also enable USB Debugging by following this path – Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging. Charge your battery with minimum 80% to ensure no interruption during update.
Detailed procedure to update Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I900 with official Jelly Bean 4.1.2
- Download the required update package and Odin from here. [XXELLC JB 4.1.2 update] [Odin]
- Extract the both archives downloaded in above step.
- Put your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I900 in download mode. To do so, turn off your phone. Press Power + Home + Volume Down key. You will see an option where it will ask you to go into download mode or reboot. Press Volume UP to enter Download Mode.
- Connect with phone to your computer using USB cable once the phone goes in download mode.
- Start Odin and you will see ID:COM block yellow. This confirms that your phone is connected successfully.
- Now click PDA and select the files of package extracted in second step.
- Click start button and wait for a while till you see ‘Pass’ message.
- Disconnect your phone and boot it.
- Head to Settings > About phone and check the firmware version. If it says 4.1.2, you have successfully upgraded your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I900 with Official JellyBean 4.1.2 firmware update.
If you are facing any problem while updating your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I900 using above tutorial, please comment below. I’ll try my best to sort it out.