What is a Dog Crate?
A dog crate aka dog kennel or cage is a wire, metal, plastic, or fabric (soft-sided) enclosure with a door in which a dog may be kept for security or transportation during holidays or visit to the veterinary. One important purpose of a puppy crate is Crate training which is the process of teaching a pet to accept a dog crate or cage as a familiar and safe location. Most of my neighbours keep asking me if I was planning on only purchasing one crate what would I choose? My simple answer is it, metal wire dog crate.
Best Dog Crate in the market?
Many crates are highly portable and can easily be utilized for carrying your dog anywhere. Here are some short excerpts of our reviews for the highest quality products on the market today.
– Midwest crates are one of the best-rated cages in their class
– Petmate Two Door Top Load Dog Kennel
– Petmate Sky Kennel for airline approved dog crates
– DenHaus ZenHaus Indoor Dog House and End Table
– Amazon Basics Folding Metal dog crate
– Ellie-Bo Sloping Puppy Cage Folding Dog Crate
– Cozy Pet Dog Cage 42″ Pink with Faux Sheepskin Bedding
– ProSelect Fab Dog Crate
Types of Puppy Crates?
To help you choose the best dog cage, you first need to choose the type of crate that you require. Buying a crate is a great aid for dog training, whether you’ve just become the proud owner of a new small puppy or a large adult dog. Explore the following kennel types listed below:
– Wire puppy crates: Wire type kennels are good for pups that have big coats of fur and get hot easily as air can flow through easier than with other types.
– Heavy Duty dog crates: This is ideal for large dogs but mostly used for destructive dogs. ,
– Plastic puppy crates: Are the most popular choices as they have quite a few benefits including affordability, portability and very stylish.
– Soft Sided dog crates: Word of advice, only get this type of crate if your dog is gentle and its character is non-destructive. Browny points of this are it can be folded, lightweight and very easy to clean.
– Furniture dog crates: The good thing about furniture crates is that they are stylish and look quite good in the lounge next to your furniture and can serve as an end table.
– Outdoor Kennels: In the UK, most dogs stay indoors but if you wish to offer your dog accommodation in the yard outside or garage then an outdoor kennel is necessary for their safety and comfort.
If you are a DIY enthusiast then this Youtube video about making your own dog kennel will come in hand.